Monday, March 3, 2014

The bare bones.

When I started writing here in February of 2010, I didn't even have the tiniest inkling of how it would change my life. It has brought kindred spirits together, seemingly out of the blue. It has brought encouragement from far-flung corners of the world, humour and delight.

For that I thank you.

My plan was that I would write about the boot sale in Milnerton, and the incredible things I've found there over the years. It would be a once-weekly report of what I had bought, with photographs.
But, as with all things in life, it slowly evolved into something else entirely.
It is a place where I feel free to be myself and it is a constant in an inconsistent world.

I still go to the boot sale regularly, and another thing that has become dear to my heart are the dogs I meet there. This is Mr Bones, taking a little break from the mayhem.


No comments: