Monday, July 4, 2011

Let's party like it's 1981.

The Lip told me the other day that whilst driving somewhere with his thirteen year old son, they started talking about the parents of his friends. Turns out, as they went through the list, that all of them were divorced or separated. Then they ticked off the parents of his younger son's friends. Ditto.
I realize more and more how fortunate I am to have had happy parents. And it gives me such warm joy when I see couples who stick it out through thick and thin.
 
We celebrated a union of thirty years last night. He asked her to marry him at the station. When they walked outside all the newspaper posters proclaimed: They're engaged! (They happened to have chosen the same day as Prince Charles and Lady Diana.)
Ken & Kris. You make the world feel right.


No comments: