Sunday, October 23, 2011

Bittersweet Sunday.

 A good haul at the boot sale, for work and for me. A composite doll in a handmade Dutch dress. A cigar box - the price tag could have been written by my long-gone Grandmother. It reminded me of the papery skin on the back of her hands and I missed her. Another Chinese carved cork diorama (14 x 12 cm). A bunch of king proteas, from the seller outside Kwagga Books. He smiled and handed me a bunch of poppies as I left:
"met liefde my nooi".


And farewell to my honey at the airport. An important thing unsaid, now said. It was hard to let him go. Until 12 December. Istanbul.

4 comments:

Marie said...

:-)

Marie said...

The doll's clothes ruffled a memory. Not precise. Something about material and lace and a doll of mine, and her wardrobe.

Karen Bekker said...

Only 50 days till then and they are sure to fly by in a blurr of work....Istanbul- so exciting- and terribly romantic! x

arcadia said...

Ai, jong. Beter dae. Sterkte met die lang nagte.