Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The way we live.

My friends I & J have grown themselves a remarkable and happy home, full of colours and layers of interesting things. Over the years I have: eaten many a scrumptious meal with them - indoors and out (there is a pond with a frog, a pool filled with salty water, a sunny stoep with sculptures), played ping pong in the basement, deejayed at parties in the lounge, had lessons in eyeshadow and lashes, splashed in the attic bath, slept over in the spare room a-dreaming of Italy...
these friends of mine are a constant in an
inconsistent world.


I could have spent a day and a night taking pictures, but my camera ran out of juice.

1 comment:

Karen Bekker said...

haha- I know that house too!

Love their kitchen and bar nook- so many wonderful things to look at everywhere.