Tuesday, August 30, 2011

We're on vacation.


I've been having a severe case of internet existentialism. A friend said to me on Sunday night that he just doesn't have the energy for something like a blog. I said to him that I can't not. That it's something I cannot suppress and I love it.
Then I sat down yesterday and I looked at the mountains. And I realized that it hasn't been all that much fun lately. (And I wondered what becomes of a thing like this if you just leave without turning off the lights. Does it become a cavernous place full of cobwebs, unanswered questions, doors that lead nowhere?)
Forgive me if this appears self-indulgent or ungrateful - there have been so many incredible rewards.

I'm hoping it's just a case of the blahs.
So I'm booking myself off for a while.
X

4 comments:

Marie said...

Hm. If it ain't fun, it ain't fun.

Have a good holiday, Lily. Sterkte daar buite in die vreemde. If you leave I will miss you, but I know that whatever you do, it will be beautiful.

And may be you'll come back.

Marie said...

Also, follow your heart. It knows where to go. Other people's hearts don't always get that.

D said...

Internet is the refined sugar of life. Too much is definitely not good for you.

Enjoy the real world.

the sourcerer said...

thanks for understanding.