Friday, September 30, 2011

Doing that thing that I do.

I love it when my sourcing takes me out Kalk Bay way, on a breezy sunny day.


The roadworks continue to frustrate, but there are so many treasures along the way. I wondered around the Sobeit Studio for a while, they have umpteen beautiful things to covet. Angels and lions, paintings and furniture... a bracelet made of small interlocking silver skulls @ R 9 950. Sigh.


Just downstairs is David Bellamy's fantastic fabric shop. The Liberty lawn always fills me with desire. (there are quite a few pieces in my fabric chest). Today I bought the starry clouds for some pillow slips. Bbellamy & Bbellamy also stock a dizzying array of Sanderson Linens, Japanese indigo linen, cotton velvet, crewel work, etc.


Kwagga Books has a sixties edition of Elizabeth David's "French Cooking" in the window. Sometimes it's so hard to obey those pesky commandments.

5 comments:

D said...

Commandments? You mean 'though shalt not covet'? I'm pretty sure that means you'd better buy the E.D. quick instead of thinking about it too long. Kwagga usually prices fairly. Which one is it? - I've got the 1960 French Provincial Cooking, but if it's the French Country Cooking I might pop over and snaffle it (assuming reasonable price) - I do love her books.

the sourcerer said...

didn't look at the book closely for fear of not being able to put it down.
be nice if you bought it!
I'm strapped - have to buy a car next week...

Karen Bekker said...

Have French country cooking and love her simple salad ideas.......cucumber slices in iced water with a few sprigs of basil or mint...blanched summer tomatoes drizzled with cream and tarragon- you can borrow mine!
PS- If you find a Citroen Berlingo- buy it!- very best car ever and I've done vw, toyota and isuzu x

the sourcerer said...

ah thanks Karen!
I'm going to try the Volvo...

Karen Bekker said...

Ooohh Classy Lily- good choice!