Saturday, December 18, 2010

Memory Road.

The Agent from Berlin is visiting. We took a meandering drive today - starting in Strubens Road, Mowbray. The wonderful house of Niki and Jude Daly. Niki was my lecturer at Stellenbosch University and is responsible for many of the threads in my fabric. The Agent and I lived next door to them many years ago. We were very young and poor in those days and I remember that we ate a lot of potatoes. At night we'd roam the streets looking for firewood. We had no tv, but Niki's piano would regularly entertain us through the shared wall of the terrace.

The Dalys' are moving to the seaside in the new year and today they had a studio sale of illustrations.
How difficult it was to choose!

A lucky girl is getting this one for Christmas.


These came home with me:


Also, a gift of his beautiful book, "A Wanderer In Og". Thank you Mister Inkman!


As always, I was rather distracted by bits of the house.



 And while passing through Observatory afterward, the distractions continued.


We ended up at the Biscuit Mill for a bite. I'm not one for the herd feeling, but the coffee was very good, as was the cider and the flatbread.


Liked the cardboard plate,
impressed by the crepe man's array of half finished Nutella.


No comments: