Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving.

So obviously we don't get the day off here in South Africa. My Favourite American Family celebrated with a dinner this evening. My - what a feast!
 

After being on set since 4h30 this morn, I was so excited to see the turkey that I lost focus. But that little girl's eye says it all. 
The friends were there in all their finery.

We ate and we drank and we ate some more. My very first taste of pumpkin pie. I say hmmmm and lick my lips.


So thanks to the Wampanoag people, thanks for rice and whiskey and music and airplanes. Thanks to that tearing mad woman who nearly ran me over the other day in Kloof Street. She made me realise how lucky I am to be here. Thanks to the Mother and the Father and the Daughter and the Visiting Cousin and all of the other great cooks in the world.


And good night to you lovely people.

3 comments:

Kris said...

we give thanks for great friends like you.

arcadia said...

Heerlik. Die rokkie is pretty.

the sourcerer said...

ja - die ma van die familie maak amazing goeters.